For Fourth of July it was just Danielle, Bryan and I. We made an amazing dinner before we went out and watched the fire works. We made Portobello mushroom burgers with veggie chili topping and avocado spread. Very messy but really good, I will for sure be making this again. We also had Corn on the cob and Mashed potato and for dessert Bryan made strawberry soup. I got the mushroom burger idea from Rachel Rays:365 meals Cook book.
Serving= six people
6 portobello mushrooms
shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1 large onion, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
1 medium zucchini, cut in half circles
1 small jalapeno, diced into small pieces
1 can of black beans
1 or 1/2 can of refried beans – I forgot to buy refried beans so I used 1/2 cup of dehydrated refried beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of light beer or veggie stock
1. season portabella mushrooms and added spray with pam, sprinkle half a lime on mushrooms, I sprinkled them with salt, onion salt, crushed garlic and chili powder.
2. Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes
3. In a large pan Saute Onion, red pepper, zucchini and jalapeno
4. Add black beans, tomatoes and beer. Try not to add too much beer.
5. If to watery remove some liquid, you can always add it back in.
6. Add refried beans to thicken it up.
7. While the chili is cooking, cut avocado, mash with half a lime and place in refrigerator.
8. Make your burger 🙂
Bryan eating a lime, gross
and mashed potatoes, potatoes before I mashed them,
Mashing the potatoes
Bryan also made a yummy strawberry soup, here is a picture of it before it was blended