So, I have been super lazy about loading pictures but here is pictures of the feast I made my family. Most are pictures before it was cooked, it got super crazy and I forgot to take after pictures.
Sweet potatos with oranges
Gluten free green bean dish
Homemade gluten free mushroom gravy
My battle wound, I burned myself of the roaster.
This is also what I had to deal with while making dinner.
– 1-2 appetizers (mom/corri)
-ham 9lbs in the roaster or in the stove
– mashed potatoes about 8lbs on the stove
– homemade mushroom gravy at least 5cups on the stove I will be adding mushrooms and onionis
-32 oz of green beans-in a crockpot
– candie yams about 4lbs in a crockpot
– baked carrots 1 lbs in the stove
-cheese cake (mom/corri)
– deviled eggs (grandparents)
– stuffing two packages
– cookies (grandparents)
-maybe croissants I forgot to buy them in the stove
I made one of my childhood favorites the other night at a friends house. It was really good and I plan on making it again very soon. Danielle was also hanging out with us so I made a separate veggie hot dish for her.
About 3 breast of chicken, diced
2- 2 1/2 cups of dry rice- cooked
About one bag of frozen broccoli
2 cans of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, celery)
1. Bake chicken, cut into small pieces
2. Cook rice, my mom says 11min is the perfect time to cook rice on the stove (not min rice)
3. Mix everything together in a baking dish, leave a potion of cheese to sprinkle in top.
4. Bake until the broccoli is hot. About 30min.
And here is a picture of danielle’s hot dish.
So, I was annoyed the other day, and I decided I was going to do something for my self. I decided to make chili made exactly how I wanted, seriously this was the first time ever that I made chili that I didn’t leave something out for someone. I call it Cathe don’t give a fuck what you like, sorry for the language but that was the kinda mood I was in. It was wonderful and I am looking forward to left overs, which I have a lot of since I am the only one who ate.
3-4 portions of beans, 1 can= 1/3 dry
-1/3 cup dry red beans
-1/3 cup dry pinto beans
-2/3 cup black beans
I like using canned beans more, that way you can just make food on a whim
-1 package of mushrooms, chopped
-1 medium onion, chopped
-2 red peppers, chopped
-1 green pepper, chopped
-1 Serrano pepper, chopped
-1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1 in pieces
-1 or 2 jars of sauce
1. Skip if using canned beans. I started soaking beans in the morning and then cooked them on low heat for a hour. Then set aside.
2. Cook bacon, remove from pan. Drain most of fat, leaving just enough to grease bottom of pan.
3. Chopped veggies
5.Added bacon, beans and sauce. Cook about 20 min.
And with some cheese
I made a quick dinner for Ben yesterday, Chicken with mashed potatoes, asparagus and mushroom gravy.
Sauteing mushrooms for gravy
I love this stuff
I made stuffed shells for Ben, Matt, Sarah and Brendan. I forgot to take pictures but Ben snapped a couple.