I love stuffed peppers, they bare the best. I really love when I get red peppers on sale. This time I made stuffed peppers with quinoa and it was really good, I think this is how I am going to make it now on.
Ingredients servings 6 med peppers and left overs for pita pockets
one med onion, chopped
– three handfuls of mushrooms, chopped
– one bundle of spinach, chopped
– 1 1/2 – 2 cup of cheese, I used cheddar but I think mozzarella would be better
– one can of black beans
-1 1/2 dry quinoa
– 6 med red peppers
– salt, pepper, garlic
1. cook quinoa, 20 mins
2. while quinoa is cooking, saute onion, mushrooms and spinach.
3. once quinoa is done, add onion, mushrooms, spinach, black beans and cheese to pot. mix.
I also added a little red pepper sauce
4. stuff peppers
5. bake 35 mins, added a little cheese to top, bake 5 mins or so