Matt and I made a moo goo gai pan off of a recipe last time. This time I added and took away stuff I didn’t want and made a sauce out of the things I had at my house.
Ingredients Serving about 6 people
-4 large chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
– 4 cups of broccoli, chopped
– 3 cups of snow peas
-2 cups button mushrooms, cut
-4 oz of fresh water chestnuts
– 2 sticks of carrots, chopped
– 1 jalapeno, diced
-3 spoonfuls of pre minced garlic
– 1/4 cup corn starch
-2 cups chicken broth
– 2 cups water
-2 cups of dry rice
1. Start cooking brown rice in micro wave. 2 cups brown rice, 2 cups chicken broth and 2 cups water. It took about 40min to cook. I would have liked it more if I had cooked it longer.
2. Saute veggies. set aside.
3. Brown garlic. Add chicken. Cook till done.
4. Mix together 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 2 cups chicken broth, 2 cups water and 1/4 cup soy sauce. I like a lot of sauce. -Next time I want to try 1/8th cup soy sauce and 1/8 cup oyster sauce.
5. added sauce mixture into the pan with chicken. Bring to boil. cook for about a minute. Add veggies mix together.
6. Serve veggie and chicken over rice and enjoy.
-Also there are some gluten free cookie that danielle made in the background
Matt and danielle’s dinner