Category Archives: 5 or less ingredients
I made one of my childhood favorites the other night at a friends house. It was really good and I plan on making it again very soon. Danielle was also hanging out with us so I made a separate veggie hot dish for her.
About 3 breast of chicken, diced
2- 2 1/2 cups of dry rice- cooked
About one bag of frozen broccoli
2 cans of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, celery)
1. Bake chicken, cut into small pieces
2. Cook rice, my mom says 11min is the perfect time to cook rice on the stove (not min rice)
3. Mix everything together in a baking dish, leave a potion of cheese to sprinkle in top.
4. Bake until the broccoli is hot. About 30min.
And here is a picture of danielle’s hot dish.
-3 sliced red peppers
-3 sliced green peppers
– 3 small sliced onions
– 3 marinated chicken Danielle though away my recipe for the marinade when she cleaned the kitchen up the next day 😦 it and oil and lemon juice with seasonings.
2. Cut up veggies
I now have a camera again, it’s on my new i phone 🙂 I am excited to be able to easily post picture right from my phone.
I made a quick lunch at work today, it was so yummy. I made a egg sandwich with Colby cheese and ham on a every thing bagel.
Ok, so maybe it does not look that amazing but it tasted amazing.
1 lb of dry split peas
2 carrots -chopped
3 small potatoes -chopped
2 small onions -chopped
8 cups of water
half a spoonful of minced garlic
Seasonings- garlic, onion, salt and pepper
– I also like to add Ham or a ham bone
1. Add every thing to the pot and cook for about 1 hour 🙂
Pam/ cooking spray
-I used 4 medium potatoes for 8 people, next time I will make more. Maybe one small potato per person
1. Cut the potatoes whatever shape you would like, normally I slice them to look like circles, this time I cut them to look more like fries. The thinner you cut them the faster they will cook.
2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Spray cooking sheet with Pam, lay potatoes out on pan.
4. Spray the Potatoes, then sprinkle you choice of seasonings.
– I like salt, garlic salt/powder, onion salt/power and pepper. Sometimes I add Cajun or oregano, whatever I feel like at the time.
5. When they start to look done, flip them. If you want you can add seasons to this side as well.
1 lb of breakfast sausage
4 cups of milk
1/2 cup of flour
- 1. Brown sausage break up into small pieces
-season: salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt (whatever sounds good)
2. Slowly add 1/2 cup of flour
– add a little flower, stir well, wait till it is absorbed, add more, repeat till its gone
3. added 2 cups of milk, stir for a bit, added another 2 cups
4. cook until thick and creamy
– will thicken up as it could off
If you would like thinner gravy add more milk but be careful because it’s a lot harder to thicken.
–The delicious scrambled eggs were made my Stephine–
This soup is one of our favorites, it is a yummy easy to make comfort food.
2-3 potatoes about 1 inch to 1/2 inch cubes
(the smaller you cut them the less time you need to cook the soup)
2-3 Broccoli florets – frozen or fresh, chopped about 1 pieces
1. Chop and Saute onion
– You can use small, medium or large onion, I like using a large one but I used a small one because Ben does not like onion
– Also I spray the pan with PAM, I try not to use or or butter in my recipes
2. While the onion is sauteing, chop equal parts broccoli and potato
I used 3 potatoes and 3 broccoli florets
3. Added broccoli and potatoes to onions, add just enough water to cover soup or with just a little uncovered, soup with condense as it is cooking
-add seasonings to your liking, I add garlic salt or powder, onion salt or powder, salt and pepper
4. cook for about 20-30 mins, until potatoes easily break when you put a fork though it. They will also be one color when they are fully cooked.
5. Remove a lot of extra water, you can always add some water back in
I save this water to use in soups in the future, this is basicly veggie stock
6.blend soup to your liking
– If you did not take enough water out and the soup is runnier that you would like, you can added instant mashed potatoes.
I use my immersion blender but you can use a normal blender, be careful to not burn your self. It is a good idea to let it sit for a few minute to let it cool.
7. Add toppings if you would like and enjoy 🙂
Our dinners – Fish and broccoli potato soup