- 1 mago. pealed and choped into pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalopeno, no seeds and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- lime juice
1. Throw everything into a food proceor and blend. The smaller you chop the pieces the chunkier you can make your salsa.
– The first time I made it I used my mini food processor and did it in batches. the second time I just put everything into a big bowl and used my immersion blender. way quicker but not as chunky.
– Corn tortillas
1. Cut tortillas
2. spray pan with pan.
3. lay chips on pan so none are touching on pan.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 4 mins
5. flip chips. Bake another 4 mins.
1 can of hummus
1/4 liquid from can
2 TB of lemon juice ( 1/2 of the 1/4 cup that you already used
Salt and pepper
Add every thing together and blend.
For lunch I made a pinto bean veggie burger with baked zucchini on the side. I really liked it, it was better than I expected it to be. Next time I am going to make the patty a bit small though. The patty even looked like a meat burger, my roommate was very concerned when she saw me eat some before it was cook because she thought it was raw meat.
Baked zucchini Serving 2-4
– Slice zucchini approximately all the same size.
– Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, put zucchini of baking sheet.
– Season, I used salt, pepper, garlic salt
– Bake about 20 mins
Pinto mushroom burgers Serving 3-4
1 can of pinto beans
about half a box of fresh mushrooms sliced
half a small onion diced
Sliced of avocado if you want
1. Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are soft. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
2.Mash the beans. Add the mushrooms and seasonings. Mix together. I would have been using my immersion blender if it still worked 😦
3.Shape the mixture into patties. Cook each patty, about 3 minutes on each side.
Side note, I have ADD and my rule to using the broiler is I have to stay right in front of the oven and not do any thing else. Yesterday I didn’t fallow my rule and burns the buns. So today I used the toaster and I turn it down to two and this still happened 😦
We had a household dinner the other night. We made burgers, mostly beef burgers but danielle and I ate really yummy mushroom burgers with red pepper and onions and avocado and jo jos on the side.
1. Broil mushroom for about 5 mins.
2. Fry red pepper and onion.
3. Put every thing on a bun.
I got a super cool tupperware set for Christmas that I wanted to use, so I decided to bring garlic humus and black bean humus to a potluck party that I recently went to.
1 big spoonful of minced garlic
1 (15 ounce) can black beans or chickpeas; drain and reserve liquid
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
dash of ground cumin
1. blend all together. I used my immersion blender.
I made a double batch of the garlic humus
Danielle, Mallory and I made a yummy dinner, it was a mushroom burger and driers on the side.
So, I have been super lazy about loading pictures but here is pictures of the feast I made my family. Most are pictures before it was cooked, it got super crazy and I forgot to take after pictures.
Sweet potatos with oranges
Gluten free green bean dish
Homemade gluten free mushroom gravy
My battle wound, I burned myself of the roaster.
This is also what I had to deal with while making dinner.
Pam/ cooking spray
-I used 4 medium potatoes for 8 people, next time I will make more. Maybe one small potato per person
1. Cut the potatoes whatever shape you would like, normally I slice them to look like circles, this time I cut them to look more like fries. The thinner you cut them the faster they will cook.
2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Spray cooking sheet with Pam, lay potatoes out on pan.
4. Spray the Potatoes, then sprinkle you choice of seasonings.
– I like salt, garlic salt/powder, onion salt/power and pepper. Sometimes I add Cajun or oregano, whatever I feel like at the time.
5. When they start to look done, flip them. If you want you can add seasons to this side as well.
6. Bake 20-50min, depending on how big you cut the potatoes and how crispy you like them.
– One batch took 25min and the other batch took 45min.
Matt’s Plate of Food
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of my plate with fries still on it.