1 lb of breakfast sausage
4 cups of milk
1/2 cup of flour
1. Brown sausage break up into small pieces
-season: salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt (whatever sounds good)
2. Slowly add 1/2 cup of flour
– add a little flower, stir well, wait till it is absorbed, add more, repeat till its gone
3. added 2 cups of milk, stir for a bit, added another 2 cups
4. cook until thick and creamy
– will thicken up as it could off
If you would like thinner gravy add more milk but be careful because it’s a lot harder to thicken.
–The delicious scrambled eggs were made my Stephine–
This soup is one of our favorites, it is a yummy easy to make comfort food.
2-3 potatoes about 1 inch to 1/2 inch cubes
(the smaller you cut them the less time you need to cook the soup)
2-3 Broccoli florets – frozen or fresh, chopped about 1 pieces
1. Chop and Saute onion
– You can use small, medium or large onion, I like using a large one but I used a small one because Ben does not like onion
– Also I spray the pan with PAM, I try not to use or or butter in my recipes
2. While the onion is sauteing, chop equal parts broccoli and potato
I used 3 potatoes and 3 broccoli florets
3. Added broccoli and potatoes to onions, add just enough water to cover soup or with just a little uncovered, soup with condense as it is cooking
-add seasonings to your liking, I add garlic salt or powder, onion salt or powder, salt and pepper
4. cook for about 20-30 mins, until potatoes easily break when you put a fork though it. They will also be one color when they are fully cooked.
5. Remove a lot of extra water, you can always add some water back in
I save this water to use in soups in the future, this is basicly veggie stock
6.blend soup to your liking
– If you did not take enough water out and the soup is runnier that you would like, you can added instant mashed potatoes.
I use my immersion blender but you can use a normal blender, be careful to not burn your self. It is a good idea to let it sit for a few minute to let it cool.
7. Add toppings if you would like and enjoy 🙂
Our dinners – Fish and broccoli potato soup