I have been on a huge quesadilla kick lately. They are just so good and pretty good for you.
I made this while at work doing a nanny share.
I love these tortillas, they only have 133 calories instead on 200-250 and they are a reasonable price.
Ingredients serving-one Calories-340
-one cup of black beans, mashed
-sliced onion, sautéed
-sliced red pepper, sautéed
-1/4 cup salsa
-about 2 table spoons of avocado
Layer every thing into your tortilla and cook on low heat.
I was so excited to eat I forgot to take a picture on the end product.
These were really, really good. The kitchen was crazy hectic with so many people in there. Bryan and Tessa lead this dinner fest.
Tessa found the recipe at though pinterest.
Taken from their website.
cauliflower crust pizza
Serves 2; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil (optional)
pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings* (I used homemade red pepper sauce)
To “Rice” the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.
One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To Make the Pizza Crust:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9″ round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.
Matt and I made a pizza the other night. It was really good and I for sure ate too much of it.
– Dough (matt might have taken this from pizza hut)
– mozzarella cheese
– onion, chopped
– mushroom, chopped
– 7 ice cubes of homemade red pepper sauce
1. stretch out dough on greased pan
2. spread out red pepper sauce and add a layer of cheese
3. added chopped mushrooms and onion
4. add spinach, next time I want to add more than we did
5. add mozzarella and feta
6. Bake until done
For Ben’s Birthday our house hold made chicken wings, mushroom burgers and mashed cauliflower. It was amazing.
I made one of my childhood favorites the other night at a friends house. It was really good and I plan on making it again very soon. Danielle was also hanging out with us so I made a separate veggie hot dish for her.
About 3 breast of chicken, diced
2- 2 1/2 cups of dry rice- cooked
About one bag of frozen broccoli
2 cans of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, celery)
1. Bake chicken, cut into small pieces
2. Cook rice, my mom says 11min is the perfect time to cook rice on the stove (not min rice)
3. Mix everything together in a baking dish, leave a potion of cheese to sprinkle in top.
4. Bake until the broccoli is hot. About 30min.
And here is a picture of danielle’s hot dish.
1 lb of dry split peas
2 carrots -chopped
3 small potatoes -chopped
2 small onions -chopped
8 cups of water
half a spoonful of minced garlic
Seasonings- garlic, onion, salt and pepper
– I also like to add Ham or a ham bone
1. Add every thing to the pot and cook for about 1 hour 🙂
The other day I made stuffed peppers for Danielle and Gongzi (not sure if this is how he spells it) with chicken in the side for the meat eaters. Gongzi made tuna steak for Danielle which was amazing and I am excited to make it for my self someday soon.
While I made the meal I wore the amazing apron I got from Kristen’s mommy.
Add more or less of any of these and add whatever sounds good, it is a very relaxed recipe.
2 cups of cooked rice
1 cup of black beans
1 cup of onions
1 cup of chopped broccoli
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese or more if you like, I used mozzarella
Salsa- however much you like
5 Red, yellow or orange sweet peppers
-In the past I have also added mushrooms, corn and meat
-My friends mom, Bini puts tomato soup into the mixture also.
-Next time I am going to try some kind of sauce I think
1. In a big bowl add the ingredients you would like to stuff your peppers
I like to have another bowl with cheese in it, that way I can control how much goes into each pepper.
I do not like tomatoes but Danielle and Gongzi do so I had them in a separate tub. Also I forgot to include the salsa in the picture. If you want you can add the salsa to the bowl, I am pick on how much I want in mine.
2. Cut tops of of peppers and remove insides.
3. Blanche peppers- boil each pepper and the lid that you cut off for about 1 min
4. Stuff pepper-
5. Bake for about 30 min, until the peppers look cooked 🙂
I only made three peppers so they fit in a bread pan, normally I just lean them on the edge of a cake pan.
Both Danielle’s meal and mine
This soup is one of our favorites, it is a yummy easy to make comfort food.
2-3 potatoes about 1 inch to 1/2 inch cubes
(the smaller you cut them the less time you need to cook the soup)
2-3 Broccoli florets – frozen or fresh, chopped about 1 pieces
1. Chop and Saute onion
– You can use small, medium or large onion, I like using a large one but I used a small one because Ben does not like onion
– Also I spray the pan with PAM, I try not to use or or butter in my recipes
2. While the onion is sauteing, chop equal parts broccoli and potato
I used 3 potatoes and 3 broccoli florets
3. Added broccoli and potatoes to onions, add just enough water to cover soup or with just a little uncovered, soup with condense as it is cooking
-add seasonings to your liking, I add garlic salt or powder, onion salt or powder, salt and pepper
4. cook for about 20-30 mins, until potatoes easily break when you put a fork though it. They will also be one color when they are fully cooked.
5. Remove a lot of extra water, you can always add some water back in
I save this water to use in soups in the future, this is basicly veggie stock
6.blend soup to your liking
– If you did not take enough water out and the soup is runnier that you would like, you can added instant mashed potatoes.
I use my immersion blender but you can use a normal blender, be careful to not burn your self. It is a good idea to let it sit for a few minute to let it cool.
7. Add toppings if you would like and enjoy 🙂
Our dinners – Fish and broccoli potato soup
I love making chili because you can put whatever you want in it and it always taste great.
Basic ingredients: (you can put whatever sounds good to you)
1-3 cans of mushrooms
– I like to add a handful of frozen mushrooms instead
1 medium chopped onion
1-2 Serrano peppers
– I like to add 2 peppers, one with seeds and one without
2-3 cans of beans
– black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans
1-3 bell peppers, chopped
– I like to have one green, and 2 colored ones
1-2 can of stewed tomatoes or dice tomatoes
1-2 cans of pasta sauce (enough to cover everything)
Sometimes I will grill up some chicken and add that also.
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Saute onion, mushrooms and peppers. I spray the pan with Pam.
2. Add everything else. Including seasonings, Garlic salt, onion salt, pepper, anything else that sounds good.
3. Heat up and then cook on low heat for about 30-45 min.