Ingredients Serving 2
– 2 eggs
-2 corn tortilla
– 2-4 slices of ham
– shredded cheese
1. heat tortillas, I like them a bit crispy. Scramble each egg. Heat up ham
– Add everything to the tortia. I used my fresh black bean mango salsa that I had made the day before.
I made a double batch of black bean quinoa burgers for danielle and me. I am working of having my meals in the freezer so when I am feeling lazy I can grab a quick healthy meal.
Ingredients serving ~10
-2 cans f black beans
– 1/2 cup of quinoa
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 bundle of spinach
– seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic
1. Cook the quinoa. 2 cups water 1/2 cup quinoa, bring to boil. cook for 20 mins. Making sure to stir and you don’t boil away all your water.
2. Chop onion and jalapeño
3. Cook bundle of spinach
4. Add everything to a big bowl and blend it all up. I used my immersion blender.
5. Now you can form into patties and cook or measure out about 1/3 cup on to a piece of saran wrap and freeze for about 2 hours. Then you can wrap individually or just toss in to a freezer bag.
My dinner On mushrooms and yellow bell pepper and avocado on top.
I went to a party where we made pizza on a grill. It was supper good and I will be make this at home really soon.
I tossed in a hand full of spinach when I was making hummus this time. In the past I have added feta but I didn’t have any this time.
– 1 can of chick peas
~ 1/4 cup of the liquid form the can
– minced garlic
– salt, pepper
– handful of fresh spinach
Blend everything together until smooth.
– 1/4 cup dry quinoa
– 1 can of black beans
-1 small onion, chopped
– 1/2 carton of mushrooms, chopped
– feta cheese
1. Cook the quinoa. I still need to figure out the best way to do that
2. Sauté onion and mushrooms
3. Mix every thing together in a big bowl.
4. Scoop about a burger size portion onto a heated frying pan. Flip.
-3 sliced red peppers
-3 sliced green peppers
– 3 small sliced onions
– 3 marinated chicken Danielle though away my recipe for the marinade when she cleaned the kitchen up the next day 😦 it and oil and lemon juice with seasonings.
1. Marinade chicken 1-3 hours before making dinner
-Next time I am going to make sure to cut chicken before I marinade it.
2. Cut up veggies
I convinced Bryan to help me make fajitas, in return he was allowed to eat some fajitas
3. Saute veggies
4. Cook chicken at the same time
Here is what my veggies looked like once I was done cooking them.
I wish I had shredded cheese and I also added some ranch 🙂
The same day Brain also made a pumpkin pie and I didn’t get a signal bite. 😦 that’s ok I don’t really like any pies.
I had left overs from fourth of July, so today I had Portabella Mushroom w/ Chili topping and an avocado spread on top. This time I used on of the very big mushrooms and didn’t put it on a bun, instead using a fork and knife to eat it 🙂
My lunch = Amazing
Ian eating his lunch
I made a baked eggplant sandwich with red peppers and onions today and it was amazing. I was not expecting it to taste as good as it did.
one red pepper
about 1/2 cup of flour
bread or cracker crumbs – I used stuffing that I had lying around
1. Cut eggplant, I made them about 1/2 inch thick
2. Dip each slices into flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs. Arranged on a greased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 min, flip half way.
4. While they are baking, cut onion and red pepper into stripes. Saute.
5. Build your sandwich- I toasted my buns, used pine nut humus, and a little mozzarella cheese. It was amazing, I am looking forward to leftovers.
The other day I made stuffed peppers for Danielle and Gongzi (not sure if this is how he spells it) with chicken in the side for the meat eaters. Gongzi made tuna steak for Danielle which was amazing and I am excited to make it for my self someday soon.
While I made the meal I wore the amazing apron I got from Kristen’s mommy.
Add more or less of any of these and add whatever sounds good, it is a very relaxed recipe.
2 cups of cooked rice
1 cup of black beans
1 cup of onions
1 cup of chopped broccoli
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese or more if you like, I used mozzarella
Salsa- however much you like
5 Red, yellow or orange sweet peppers
-In the past I have also added mushrooms, corn and meat
-My friends mom, Bini puts tomato soup into the mixture also.
-Next time I am going to try some kind of sauce I think
1. In a big bowl add the ingredients you would like to stuff your peppers
I like to have another bowl with cheese in it, that way I can control how much goes into each pepper.
I do not like tomatoes but Danielle and Gongzi do so I had them in a separate tub. Also I forgot to include the salsa in the picture. If you want you can add the salsa to the bowl, I am pick on how much I want in mine.
2. Cut tops of of peppers and remove insides.
3. Blanche peppers- boil each pepper and the lid that you cut off for about 1 min
4. Stuff pepper-
5. Bake for about 30 min, until the peppers look cooked 🙂
I only made three peppers so they fit in a bread pan, normally I just lean them on the edge of a cake pan.
Both Danielle’s meal and mine
This soup is one of our favorites, it is a yummy easy to make comfort food.
2-3 potatoes about 1 inch to 1/2 inch cubes
(the smaller you cut them the less time you need to cook the soup)
2-3 Broccoli florets – frozen or fresh, chopped about 1 pieces
1. Chop and Saute onion
– You can use small, medium or large onion, I like using a large one but I used a small one because Ben does not like onion
– Also I spray the pan with PAM, I try not to use or or butter in my recipes
2. While the onion is sauteing, chop equal parts broccoli and potato
I used 3 potatoes and 3 broccoli florets
3. Added broccoli and potatoes to onions, add just enough water to cover soup or with just a little uncovered, soup with condense as it is cooking
-add seasonings to your liking, I add garlic salt or powder, onion salt or powder, salt and pepper
4. cook for about 20-30 mins, until potatoes easily break when you put a fork though it. They will also be one color when they are fully cooked.
5. Remove a lot of extra water, you can always add some water back in
I save this water to use in soups in the future, this is basicly veggie stock
6.blend soup to your liking
– If you did not take enough water out and the soup is runnier that you would like, you can added instant mashed potatoes.
I use my immersion blender but you can use a normal blender, be careful to not burn your self. It is a good idea to let it sit for a few minute to let it cool.
7. Add toppings if you would like and enjoy 🙂
Our dinners – Fish and broccoli potato soup