I made a double batch of black bean quinoa burgers for danielle and me. I am working of having my meals in the freezer so when I am feeling lazy I can grab a quick healthy meal.
Ingredients serving ~10
-2 cans f black beans
– 1/2 cup of quinoa
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 bundle of spinach
– seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic
1. Cook the quinoa. 2 cups water 1/2 cup quinoa, bring to boil. cook for 20 mins. Making sure to stir and you don’t boil away all your water.
2. Chop onion and jalapeño
3. Cook bundle of spinach
4. Add everything to a big bowl and blend it all up. I used my immersion blender.
5. Now you can form into patties and cook or measure out about 1/3 cup on to a piece of saran wrap and freeze for about 2 hours. Then you can wrap individually or just toss in to a freezer bag.
My dinner On mushrooms and yellow bell pepper and avocado on top.
For lunch I made a pinto bean veggie burger with baked zucchini on the side. I really liked it, it was better than I expected it to be. Next time I am going to make the patty a bit small though. The patty even looked like a meat burger, my roommate was very concerned when she saw me eat some before it was cook because she thought it was raw meat.
Baked zucchini Serving 2-4
– Slice zucchini approximately all the same size.
– Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, put zucchini of baking sheet.
– Season, I used salt, pepper, garlic salt
– Bake about 20 mins
Pinto mushroom burgers Serving 3-4
1 can of pinto beans
about half a box of fresh mushrooms sliced
half a small onion diced
Sliced of avocado if you want
1. Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are soft. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
2.Mash the beans. Add the mushrooms and seasonings. Mix together. I would have been using my immersion blender if it still worked 😦
3.Shape the mixture into patties. Cook each patty, about 3 minutes on each side.
Side note, I have ADD and my rule to using the broiler is I have to stay right in front of the oven and not do any thing else. Yesterday I didn’t fallow my rule and burns the buns. So today I used the toaster and I turn it down to two and this still happened 😦