I made a baked eggplant sandwich with red peppers and onions today and it was amazing. I was not expecting it to taste as good as it did.
one red pepper
about 1/2 cup of flour
bread or cracker crumbs – I used stuffing that I had lying around
1. Cut eggplant, I made them about 1/2 inch thick
2. Dip each slices into flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs. Arranged on a greased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 min, flip half way.
4. While they are baking, cut onion and red pepper into stripes. Saute.
5. Build your sandwich- I toasted my buns, used pine nut humus, and a little mozzarella cheese. It was amazing, I am looking forward to leftovers.